Thursday, November 17, 2016

Trying to Write

Tuesday night, Asher didn't want to sleep. He woke at 1 am, a bit too warm under his blankets, and yelled "Mom! Mom! MOMMY! MAAAHMMMMEEEEEEE!" Which is actually the normal sound of my human alarm clock sometime around 6 am. But one o'clock is pretty punishing. I attempted resettlement, with fresh water and a lighter blanket and maybe a mildly threatening exasperation in my voice. My offers were rejected.

And I'm a sucker for cuddles, so we ended up on the couch, and hallelujah he fell back to sleep and we snuggled til 6:20. I know he won't always want to use me as a human teddy bear, so I'm cool with it on occasion.

Around 8:30, Dave woke up and could barely move - back spasm. His first of what the Dr. assured us will likely be many. We are feeling old.

He stayed in a chair for most of the day. And after Ash returned from preschool, they were both making plenty of requests for help. I was up and down, fetching and carrying, back and forth. Plug in the computer cord? Turn on Blue's Clues? Cough drops? A snack? A drink?

It took me a second after Dave raised his eyebrow to realize that the drink I was offering him was apple juice in a sippy cup. He politely declined.

I haven't felt much like writing. I just want to watch 'The Crown' on Netflix and fiddle with my phone. It's hard to create the space in my mind and life to put something more interesting together than haikus about poop. But hey, that's showing up, too. So I'm still trying.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so grateful for all the things you do for our precious family, Care! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sir, this is a Fabulous article. Thanks for sharing with us. I learn many things from this article.ผลบอลเมื่อคืน


    ReplyDelete